How to be a STEMinist
60. 5 Things I Wish STEM Business Leaders Knew About Gender Equality
Jul 07, 2021
Trying to get STEM business leaders to take gender equality seriously can be so frustrating! Can you relate?
Hear me talk about the 5 things I wish they knew which would finally motivate them to take action:
- No-one in STEM has got gender equality right (yet). So trying something is better than doing nothing.
- Don't focus your efforts on recruiting more women if you can't even retain the women you've already got.
- Don't sit and wait for diverse CVs to roll in. Like anything that's rare and valuable, it takes extra time and effort to seek them out.
- You can't blame it all on the "pipeline issue". It's a known fact that women drop out of the tech industry at a faster rate than men.
- Do not lower the quality of new hires just to recruit a woman. But do look at how your assessment of quality may be biased against them.
L E T ' S C O N N E C T !
> Twitter: @_tiffanydawson_
> Instagram: @tiffanydawson_
> LinkedIn: Tiffany Dawson
> Join the Community: Wonder Women in STEM
> Website: www.tiffanydawson.co